Pipe Plugs and Packer for most size, pressure, chemical, and temperature requirements
Remote Placement Expander Plugs Sizes: 0.57" to 2", 148-3 Series
For other mechanical
plugs click here
These plugs come with a Nitrile rubber seal.
Typical Uses Include:
- Block pipeline against tampering and gas theft
- Test pipeline for leakage
- Test intermediate pressure regulator
These plugs are not pressure rated and customer must determine
Remote Placement Expander Plugs
Click an Item Number
below to order
Wrenches (All wrenches will fit all plug sizes)
an Item Number below to order
- Slip the plug onto the end of the wrench engaging pin "A" into the
slot at the end of the wrench.
- Turn the pin "A" into notch "B". This will hold the plug onto the
end of the wrench.
- Turn the wrench handle "F" clockwise with one hand while holding
the wrench at "G" with the other until pin "D" on the wrench drops into
the hole "E" in the Expander plug nut.
- Insert the plug into the fitting or pipe.
- Hold the wrench at "G" and turn the handle "F" clockwise to expand
To remove the wrench just push in on the wrench and turn clockwise enough
to let pin "A" out of notch "B" and out the slot at the end of the wrench.
- Slip notch in end of wrench over pin "A" and turn wrench right engaging
pin "A" into notch at "C."
- Hold the wrench at "G" with one hand and turn the wrench handle
"F" counter clockwise to release the plug.
- Remove the plug with the wrench.
Only hand tighten the plug to prevent damage to the wrench or plug. In
expanding the plug, don't use any extra leverage on the wrench handle "F"
as it is not necessary to tighten the plug any tighter than the ordinary
man can pull on handle "F." Any extra leverage would tend to damage the
wrench or the plug.